Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Time To Make MEMORABLE MALAYSIA

When I was at Malaysia, I was writing down things that would make my stay meaningful; although the training itself made my entire stay meaningful. I still wanted to have an extra activities for me to do, so that I have something to look on to whenever I miss everything about place, plus I am already there, so I have to make everything worth it.

If you're following me on my Day Zero Project, I wrote it all there the things I wanted to do while I was temporarily living in Malaysia, and all of it were done, fortunately, and I am really happy, but I have not updated it yet, I will soon, If I have the chance and time. ;)
So, I'll just share it here.

1. Take a picture of the KLCC.
KLCC stands for Kuala Lumpur City Center, it is one of the landmark Kuala Lumpur has, so I would not miss the chance taking a picture of KLCC with me ofcourse.


A picture with the boyfriend

A picture with my pretty friends.
*The beauty of the Petronas Towers will glow as soon as the sun sets.

2.Wear Baju-Kurung
Traditionally, Baju Kurung is a costume of Malaysians which means 'enclosed dress'. This type of dress is the national costume of Brunei and Malaysia (according to Wikipedia). 
One of the staff from Ancasa Express, gave my friend, Sheila Baju Kurung, since the dress would not fit her anymore, so she decided to give it away then Sheila was way too generous to share the gift to us. Immediately, I picked the color that attracts me. Let's say the dress does not fit us perfectly, but still, we appreciate the thought.
It's the first time wearing the dress, that moment when Sheila announced to us that her colleague gave her some Baju Kurung, we were too excited to try the dress, and we couldn't resist ourselves taking our first picture wearing it. :)

And so the most awaited time, when we have to wear the dress and stroll around Malaysia, yes, we did stroll, we went to Putrajaya (I'll blog about it soon)

3. Introduce THE BOSS.
As I have mentioned before, I was working as a Front Office Assistant, and I was really happy with my work.As I was starting, I promised myself, that I would really ask someone to take a picture of  me together with our boss. God is really amazing that He granted what I want, as a matter of fact, I have many picture of my Boss(s) with me. So, let's start with:

Training Manager:
That's Mr. Afiq Nazmi, He's really cool. It's like I am having my brother working with me, plus I can ask him any favor, like downloading movies, he's the reason why I have watched Pitch Perfect when I was still in Kuala Lumpur (that time, I haven't discovered the utorrent from our back office) and he helped us a lot during the length of our training. That explains his position. ;)

Assistant Manager:

Everyone, Meet the bubbly Ms. Rosie Arafah. She was the one who introduced us a lot of things in Front Office Department (well, it's her job) but she was like the teacher during our first days, and I learned a lot from her.Plus she's really funny and bubbly, even though she was the first person who noticed that I gained weight, she was really honest and frank to tell me the truth. We had the chance to get to know more, when we had the Night Shift Together. 'chos

Assistant Manager:
Then, Ali Hassan, the comedian. No, the Talkative one xD
 Seriously guys, He's really talkative. Before, when we used to have the same shift together, he would always share some experiences, stories and even imitating some guests, please don't take it in a wrong way but he's just trying to make the working environment a happy one. I really like talking to Mr. Ali because he could understand me perfectly, my English, my diction, my accent (British) chos! because he would let me, I mean, there was a time when I was trying to sound like a British English, then he said 'oh, so you're a British now, you really sound like one' well, that's flattering. ;) 


 Assistant Front Office Manager

Paramesh Kumar, the most calm person you will ever meet. He is really cool and he does not panic.
I haven't seen him panic. He's quite most of the time, but he's really approachable, I can ask him anytime without any hesitation (char lang, maulaw diay tu). I've heard a lot of good things about Mr. Ramesh, I can feel that he's a good person.

Rooms Division Manager


Carol Wong.
She's Chinese. She's THE BOSS.
 The first time I joined the team, a lot of staff would tell me that we have the same face of my Boss; but as I looked at her, I couldn't see any resemblance of  me, maybe the shape of the face? I don't know.
Before, I used to fear her, I mean, she makes everyone afraid of her, it's just that there's an aura of superiority whenever she's around, or maybe it's simply because she's the Boss. 
But as time flies by, I really want to have a conversation with her, but that will only happen every time I am assigned to Afternoon shift, during briefing, Question and Answer.
Every question and Answer, I felt like I am a student again, I have to study everything, all the rooms, product knowledge, the name of the managers, where's this place, the price of this and that, EVERYTHING! But later on I've realized it is me who benefits the knowledge, because the knowledge that I have to learn, I have to be aware of, are the things that the guests would ask me. Since I am assigned as a Front Office Assistant, I should help them, with full knowledge and confidence, and of course with a smile. These are the things, Ma'am Carol keeps on reminding us, every time we could not answer the question she'll ask. The later she keeps on asking, the challenging it gets, I really want to see the look of her face, every time I could answer her question, All of her questions, I could see that she's proud of me, of what I have become. huuuy! pastilan.
Before, I hoped to hug her on my last day of work. Other said it's impossible because she's strict but surprisingly, she really did hugged all of us, and she even added us on Facebook.
;)

*I could say, I could not forget my Boss(s) from Ancasa KL. Thank You.

3.Go to a Different State in Malaysia
I have gone to 3 different states of Malaysia.
* Federal Territory of Putrajaya

*Selangor

*Penang

4. GO GENTING
Genting Highlands is one of the most popular theme park in Malaysia. (will blog more about the place soon)


5. Eat Malaysia Food
Ofcourse, I was living in that country for almost 6 months, and I don't have any choice but to eat the foods that they serve ( I am talking about the hotel foods). At the hostel, I don't cook, at first I bought groceries and all, but as time flies, they rarely saw me eating the 'universal food'. I don't know why, but at that time, I only want to eat Mom's food.
To make the list complete, I'll just post here a picture of me eating a spicy food.
I was eating this food.
 I think it was Sizzling Spicy Noodle Soup?. HAHAHA, but seriously, it's really delicious and it was spicy. I want to consume all of it, but I cannot contain the spiciness of the food. Every time I eat, I can feel the chilies in my tongue (insert exaggeration here) 


I gave up! LOL.

Thank You Magic Kitchen for this! :)

So, there's the list.
I hope you enjoyed reading, Maybe soon, I'll be writing 
Memorable USA or New York, or Memorable Singapore, or Memorable Europe. 
(garbosa!)
Maybe someday, I could write something about those places, but for now, I'll be working on Memorable Summer. <3

Bye for now,
xoxx
V. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment